Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Christmas Already?


The season of craziness begins earlier every year. It was only a few days before Halloween and my local stores were already stocking their shelves for Christmas. On the day of Halloween I ran out to grab some more candy to find the store taking all Halloween items off the shelves before it was even noon. Couldn't they at least wait a few more hours and then trick or treating would be in full swing? Maybe they get some sick joy watching people frantically trying to make last purchases as they whisk all the remaining Halloween stuff into mystery carts full of random items. With them ripping down the displays so early it just added to the already hectic feeling inside the store. Every year they clear those shelves earlier and earlier.

I'm not knocking starting early with you Christmas shopping, but I don't want to see fake Christmas tree's before we even get out of October. I started my christmas shopping months ago. Nothing crazy just one or two presents that I would come across in my usual shopping. I'd have no issue if they had started with stuff like wrapping paper and gifting stuff, but I still don't see any of those useful items. Instead they have christmas tree's and stockings.

Maybe I am more sensitive about this because I have a December birthday and we don't decorate for Christmas til the beginning of December or even the start of the 12 days of Christmas countdown.

Before we know it they will be going directly from school supplies to Christmas displays. Have we even given Santa a chance to check his list once let alone twice before we are having the season shoved down our throats?

When do you decorate for Christmas? How about Christmas shopping, have you not began yet or are you already finished? Are you like me and vow every year to start early and you make a point to get a few presents early but you finish most your shopping in the last month?

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org