Tuesday, January 24, 2012

National Compliment Day

Today is National Compliment Day.

What is the nicest compliment you have received?

The best compliments I've received:

As mom, when my mom told me my kid's are the most kind, politest, and well-behaved kids.  (With 5 kid's I guess everyone is expecting a pack mentality to take over.. like lord of the flies.)

As a chef, it was when one of the customers asked to speak with me on what was a really bad night.  I was pleasantly surprised when she told me that eating a slice of my Kahlua Mocha Fudge Pie was better than sex.  (to be fair that pie is awesome.. but she must be doing something wrong)

As a woman, when my husband upon seeing me naked just days after delivering our 5th child, told me that I am  the most beautiful, strongest, sexiest woman in the world to him.  (smart man)

From a stranger, While 8 months pregnant with Nadia, an older man stopped at a red light turned to me as I was waiting for the light to change, He told me that I was glowing with a natural beauty that radiated.  It sure made my very pregnant day.  (no makeup, overalls and very round belly is a good look for me.. I guess)

Compliments aren't just for receiving make sure to give a few out to those around you.  You never know just how much happiness your words could bring to someone's day.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org