Friday, May 10, 2013

Slow Cook Easy Shredded Pork

This recipe was deliciously easy. I cannot believe I didn't make this years ago.

This recipe is also the first time I was able to use my brand new beautiful Cusinart Multicooker.
My Lovely Multi Cooker
My wonderful husband bought be this beautiful appliance after our last crock pot finally gave up after years of heavy use.  Instead of getting me just a new crock pot  I got this beauty. You can turn it to slow cook on high for 5 hours. Don't show up in time to get it off high?  The machine kicks in to warming mode instead.  Saving dinner from scorching!


1 (2 pound) pork roast
1 can Root Beer

Seriously that's it.  I don't add BBQ sauce to this list like other recipes do as this shredded pork is for more than just BBQ sandwiches.  (Pork Tamales... yes, please)

Place your pork roast into the crock pot and add the root beer.

Adding the Rootbeer














Then let cook on low for 6 hours. Then drain away the juices.
Countdown to cooked


Shred meat and either toss with BBQ and add between a bun or save for other delicious shredded pork meals.

Ready for the sauce and bun

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org