Saturday, September 12, 2015

Kinda like a Mislabeled VHS


One night my husband and I were browsing through our recorded shows on DVR for something to watch.  We had recorded what we thought was an Ultimate Fighting Championship on FX.  As we attempt to cue it up to the fights we slowly discover that it wasn't what it was labeled on the channel guide.  Instead of Mixed Martial Arts Fighters competing in UFC we were watching oil drillers being shot into space to battle a meteor in the movie Armageddon.  I was disappointed.


My husband turned to me with a grin and said "It's kinda like finding a mislabeled VHS from our childhood." It made me giggle.  Then I thought how my younger children may never know what a VHS is because I prefer digital content to hard copies now.  After the kids broke our last VHS player by cramming it full of DVDs it was the end of VHS in this house.  In fact they watch Netflix and Amazon Instant video more than DVDs. For the sake of keeping our DVDs in a playable condition the kids have to ask for a DVD to play as they are all put up away from them.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org