Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adding to the Joy of Baking

There are many things I can't live without bake without. The one thing most important to me for baking is my can of Baker's Joy cooking spray.  I can't say enough about how much I love that baking spray.  Even some of the stickiest and most troublesome recipes will always slide right out of the pan when using Baker's Joy.  Unlike when you oil then flour dust a pan separately, when using Baker's joy it uses only a fine mist of oil and flour.  Leaving much less chance for a simple mistake like too much or too little ruin your sweet treat.

My all time favorite packaged brownie mix is easily the Ghirardelli triple chocolate brownie. I buy mine in bulk at Sam's Club. 4 batches of this gooey brownie come in one box.  When we eat the last batch it is truly a bittersweet day.

My favorite use for brownies if they make it beyond the warm gooey treat fresh from the oven is turning them into hot fudge brownie sundaes.  Even with a lactose intolerant husband I can't live without my standard french vanilla ice cream to dress up with yummy treats like these brownies or even a favorite cookie.  It is the one ice cream you can always count on in my freezer.  Dress it up or mix something in, vanilla ice cream is a good base to start many delicious treats.  French vanilla is even more yummy with its vanilla bean speckles and custard-like base.

Here is a delicious hot fudge sauce recipe.


Hot Fudge Sauce


Ingredients
  • 1 stick butter
  • 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • 3 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 - 13 ounce can evaporated milk

Directions
  1. In top of a double boiler over hot water, melt butter and chocolate.
  2. Gradually add sugar and half the milk alternately.
  3. Stir well after each addition
  4. Add remaining milk, stirring constantly.
  5. Cook until mixture is thick and sugar dissolves.

Notes

May store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org