Monday, August 30, 2010

The Ultimate Chocolate Sauce

I was playing around with a recipe in my kitchen and came up with delicious chocolate sauce. I will never be buying another chocolate sauce from the store ever again. This was too cheap and easy to make to not use it.  Depending on how long you cook the recipe will decide what type of sauce you make.  I just may give this recipe in squeeze bottles and or little jars as part of a Christmas gift.

Ultimate Chocolate Sauce


Ingredients

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 1/4 cups water

1 2/3 cups sugar

2 TBS corn syrup

1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
  1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa sugar and water.
  2. Bring to a full boil and let boil (for 5 min to make your own version of Hershey's squeeze bottle chocolate)  (for 15 minutes  to make hot fudge ice cream topping) Stir constantly.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in Vanilla.
  4. Let sauce cool to thicken.
  5. Store in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

NuttyMama said...

I can't stop myself from using this sauce! I have been using it in my morning cup of coffee. (I only drink half a cup so it has to taste good.) We had some on ice cream and even a slice of cake.

Jenni said...

People used to think I was weird for making my own chocolate sauce...now I feel not-so-weird since there's more of us, LOL

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org