Friday, September 24, 2010

Baby Books and Milestones



African American Baby Book


As a crafty mom I would love to have the baby books filled out for my children as the milestones occur. Being a busy mom of 4 kids I know that isn't realistic. I have come up with a way for me to have the best of both worlds, a complete baby book and be on top of my day-to-day drudgery. (yes, dishes and laundry I mean you.)

I hang a large wall calendar, out of reach of little sticky fingers, but in a convenient spot for myself. As my children grow and reach their different milestones I can quickly jot them down on the calendar. Later I can transcribe them to my baby books when it is a more convenient time. (usually after bedtime)

I've saved little silly sayings from my kids and even taped a small envelope from the first haircut to a calendar.

Now that my older children are in school they are constantly bringing home art work or other papers they are proud of. (Make sure they put their name and date on the back of the artwork as soon as you see it. At the least the month or even school year) Ever year I make a folder with their name, grade and teachers name on it. We will fill this folder throughout the year. At the end of the school year we pick out the papers and art that meant the most to us. One piece of art makes its way to a special frame on the wall. (turning a part of the hallway into my own children's art gallery.) The remaining stay in the folder for the day I can transfer them to their own special book of works.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org