Friday, January 7, 2011

My blog is Carbon Neutral


I recently discovered a wonderful initiative that began with the "Make it Green" campaign in Germany with the goal  to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.   By joining this initiative I am able to reduce the carbon footprint of my blog for the next 50 years!   As this green movement spread it grew beyond planting in Germany.  It is now also partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation in the US.  For every blog that joins they will plant a tree in the Plumas National Forest that were devastated by forest fires.  Once the reforestation of Plumas is done they will continue their dedicated work in other national forests.

What is awesome about participating in this is that not only am I helping the environment while writing my blog but it didn't cost me a dime to do.  If you are a blogger you can easily join and make the world a cleaner place.  Just visit here and follow their quick and easy steps.  (post a blog about their initiative, paste the button to your blog, email them and they do the planting.)  How easy is that?  Pass it on to others and let's grow this forest together.

Not a blogger but want to plant a tree visit the Arbor Day Foundation and you will find many ways to help.

2 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi again!! I'm now following your lovely blog.
Happy Tuesday!

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org