Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

With the holidays come a mass schedule change in my house.  Not only are the kid's home from school for winter break but my husband was on a whole different schedule than normal. (he works within the school district too)  The whole house gets thrown into confusion.  Bedtime became more of a suggestion than actual law.  Meals had more Man-fluence.  (less healthy more fattening)

I feel a little guilty when I say I miss the quiet I had in the evening after bedtime and just before Dan gets home from work.  It was my one time at night where I could do what I wanted.  (watch a crybaby girl movie, or read a book lounging across the WHOLE couch.)
There were many times I actually chose to use my little bit of free time to workout.  It was nice to not have a giggling, pointing, gaggle of kid's running through or attempting to do the moves, instead getting stepped on.  One such event did happen and made my knee ache and prevented me from even considering workouts that require any kind of bending or jumping.  You would think having their dad around would prevent them from harassing me, but he was too busy leering to control the troupe of half-wild children.

With the family spending more time at home around the holiday you would think that the house would stay cleaner with all the extra hands to help clean.  The truth is it is horribly messier.  I think my family goes feral for the holidays.  Clothes get taken off in whatever room the urge hits, papers get cut and scraps tossed in every direction but near the trashcan.

After the ordeal in the Urgent Care my nerves could not survive another week of all the kid's together playing quietly in their room.  Too loud and someone might get hurt ,too quiet and that's dangerous too.  The kid's know I am distracted when their dad is home and take full advantage.  It was a nice quiet day today.  Nadia didn't once come screaming down the hallway that someone wont let her touch her own toys.  No one arguing that they get to choose what game/tv show/ snack this time.

Don't get me wrong I do miss my older two when they are away, but there are days it is nice to have them going.  

1 comment:

Hyde said...

Now a follower!

http://adventuresofaminnesotamom.blogspot.com

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org