Thursday, February 17, 2011

Packing and Moving

It feels like we just got here and yet it is already time to move.  3 years spent building memories and growing our family.  We are now faced with a family too large for our small space.  It was a tight squeeze when we moved in due to the lack of storage and now we are bursting at the seams.

I have already found the house I want to move to.  The bedrooms are smaller but instead of 3 we will have 4 of them.  As well as having a lot more storage.  I also fell in love with the open layout of the downstairs and the extra half bath.  Plus the kitchen is just amazing.(it was a deal breaker with other places)  Granite counters, cherry wood cabinets and flooring.  ::drool::  I just might dream of rolling out some pies on that counters as I sleep tonight.
 ::prays nothing goes wrong in the application process::
I'm a worrier.. I can't help it, I've tried.

I have been slowly wrapping and packing all my breakables and purely decorative items over the past few weeks.  My walls are bare of picture frames and my china hutch is minus all the many serving plates.   All the papers that we have collected over the past three years have been sorted, stored or shredded.  ( I use the shredded paper to help protect my breakables)

I am only limited on what I already have packed by the amount of boxes I have.  We usually just use the big plastic storage tubs for the majority of our packing.  The tubs work great for long term storage without worrying about water damage or pests.

I have never been so excited to actually pack all my family's worldly belongings up as I am this move.  I still have the anxiety of new schools for the kids, utilities to sort out, and doing something special to help make the kids excited about the new house.  They want to start a garden and get a dog.

I am most thrilled by all the storage at the new place.  Being the anal retentive person that I am I have our clothing separated by seasonal requirements.  Not all of the 4 different seasons just the two we see here in Las Vegas.  (summer and winter)  I also love decorating for the seasons.  Now my many boxes of decorations will no longer have to take up room in my bedroom closet or force us to climb into the sketchy looking attic to retrieve them.

There are so many big changes going on in my life right now.  A new business, moving to a new house, and One Nutty Mama blog has moved to a personal domain.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org