Monday, April 9, 2012

A Reader's Confession

It's time I confessed.  I have something to admit.  I don't readily admit this to many people.  My guilty pleasure is reading romance novels.  Yeah, you read that right.  Romance novels.. with kissing.. Ewww.

My husband loves to mock me for my reading selections.  He calls them my dirty books.  I think that there are times he may be jealous of my books.  To be fair there are so many more books than him.  I think they even out weigh him. With over 200 paperback novels..  Not all of the books are romance novels though.  I do have murder mystery, sci-fi and a few others peppered in there.

I recently attempted to purge my book collection before we moved.  I did not want to have to listen to anyone complaining, Ugh.. another box of books.
I am a little sensitive about my collection of books.  It's better than my husband's collection of Star Wars toys.. still in the packages.. so he can look at them but NO TOUCHING!  ::eyeroll::

I did try purging my books, it didn't work out well.  Our yard sale got blown away in a nasty storm.  Maybe now that we have moved I can have a better yard sale.  I really need to get myself an e-reader.  Do they make one that is impossible to break, that can possibly withstand an attempt at being flushed in the toilet (the camera survived) and easy to read in bright light.  At least until I get my son's out of the toddler destruction years.

I recently took a reading test to see how fast I could read.  I got 469 words a minute.  At that pace I can read War and Peace in just over 20 hours.  Click the e-reader below to test your own reading speed.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org