Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME! Incredibly Easy Cake





Happy Birthday to ME!! 


Yes, even though I'm 30-something-ish ::mumbles:: I still celebrate my birthday with great enjoyment.  This recipe is one of a few others in the running that I might make with my kid's for my birthday. I'll share the cake with them , but they don't get any of my birthday cheesecake.    


This recipe was originally brought to my attention by the Disheveled Mommy.  I fell in love while pregnant and craving all things baked with pumpkin.  Sadly my store shelves were lacking canned pumpkin and even fresh whole pumpkins until recently.   I instead settled for the Applesauce and Cake mix version. (delicious but did not satisfy my craving at the time)  Here is that original cake.


The Cake Mix and Canned Pumpkin Recipe originally from the Hungry Girl


Seriously, that's all the ingredients!
Ingredients: 
18.25 oz box Moist-Style cake mix. (I used carrot cake since my store had no spice cake.. shh don't tell the kids)
One 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie mix..)
One Can of Frosting






Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  2. Prepare a pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Combine the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.  (batter will be thick like brownie batter)
  4. Thick Batter (you can add 1/2 cup water, but cake will be less dense)
  5. Smooth batter into prepared pan and bake in the oven according to the direction on the box.






Ready to bake

Pull up a chair and watch it bake like my son does. or I guess you can go wash the dishes...

I like topping the cake with a little bit of the cream cheese frosting while still slightly warm so the frosting melts into the cake making it extra delicious.


  Then let it cool and finish frosting it. 

And finally the best part!
The first slice.. mmm

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org