Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love the first day of December.  Every year I get a sudden desire to bake cookies and watch Hallmark movies. Sorry, hubby, for the 20 movies on the DVR at the moment. I promise I will watch them..eventually. 

This year some of the cookies we will be baking are The Ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate chip cookies, Italian Pastry Cookies recipe from Hubby's Grandma the Sweetest Grandma in the world ,and Snickerdoodle Cookies.

We put our Christmas Tree up last night. It's an artificial tree. it was time we upgraded from our 2ft tree.  The kid's are so excited to decorate the tree as a family this weekend.  Make it a day of holiday fun. Time to browse pinterest for a fun crafts.  We will bake cookies and more mini pies with the kids. Make popcorn and watch holiday movies together.

During our holiday festivities this year, I will miss having a fireplace the most.  We have only had a gas fireplace so it was to pretty to look at more than for practical use.  A real wood burning fireplace is a requirement for my dream home.  It's just not Christmas without burning something.  Maybe we can get a fire pit for the back yard.  Make Smores over an open fire and drink hot cocoa.

I love the holidays because my husband loves to sing Carols.  He sings and really brings out the festive mood in the house.  I leave the singing to him to keep the festive mood from souring. It reminds me of the day many years ago when we had just finished decorating our tree.  Lauryn 3 at the time grabs our hands and starts singing o Christmas Tree over and over and over.  It was really cute how much she loved that tree we had decorated with our safety ornaments. White yarn puffballs on a loop.  It looked like our Christmas tree was waiting for a snowball fight.

Escape the winter chill with Blizzard.
Warm cream blends to black in a sophisticated ombre
as enchanting snowflakes fall upon the base and scalloped dish.
Elegant and chic, 
Blizzard is the perfect holiday ornament.
Today was also the first day that the beautiful Blizzard warmer is on sale.  I want one for my birthday. I have to have a reason or hubby starts calling me the crazy warmer lady. It's on sale for the month of December too.   I love the snowflake details on this warmer are beautiful, between cut-outs and the etchings.  The warm glow emitted from this warmer adds to it's wonderful appearance.

Paired with it's delightful Scent of the month Comfort & Joy. Comfort & Joy is a scent blend of spicy, familiar woods married with surprising white florals, pure citrus, and just a nibble of gingerbread for a winter fragrance that’s anything but ordinary.  I have been warming this in my house for a few weeks with my special preview kit I get as a consultant.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org