Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Days of Thankful (Day 24)

My 30 Days of Thankful

Day 23

I am thankful for long weekends spent together as a family.  Painting old coffee cans. Watching holiday movies cuddled up on the couch.  Baking holiday treats together and drinking hot cocoa.

Kissed by Chocolate                             
Our favorite treat is popcorn on the stove stop. Just a little oil and some popcorn kernels in a large pot with a lid. I use a glass lid because you can see it pop.  Then you let it heat up and keep the popcorn moving once the first kernel pops.
When it is done I prefer tossing the popcorn in melted chocolate. Just a little bit... only enough to lightly coat the popcorn like butter. Velata Fondue's Belgian chocolate is perfect for this.. it even has a pour spout on the chocolate pouch! You can order it from my Website.   My kids named the treat Kissed by Chocolate.
Instead of chocolate you can melt a little butter and add seasonings to it from spicy cayenne to cinnamon sugar.

Long weekends always rejuvenate me more because I feel like I had more time for family.  I didn't spend my entire weekend cooking and cleaning. I can't imagine trying to do half the things I do with my kids while having a full time job outside the home.  These long weekends make me thankful I am a Stay at Home Mom.      


No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org