Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thankful (Day3)

My 30 Days of Thankful

Day 3
I am thankful for the health of my children.  With so many terrifying moments in their lives I am grateful for everyday.  From Morgan and her near death experience when she was barely 3 (that still makes my hands shake when I think about it) to Lauryn being born sleeping and refusing to cry, Nadia's forehead being split open by her sister's, and Magnus spending a week in the NICU after his birth.  My husband jokes that Maxx is saving up his dangerous experiences for when he can turn my whole head grey at once.
I pray every night before bed, every morning when I wake and again any time I am parted from my children.  I pray that they stay safe and healthy.  I am a worrier by nature.. I can't help myself.

Whenever I start to think that my life is too hard or bemoan that my kids have a lingering chest cold, I remind myself that I am lucky.  There are many families facing much worse. (I pray for them everyday)  Their perseverance reminds me to be thankful for my blessing of all 5 of children being healthy.



No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org