Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day


May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours, 
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours.


Happy St. Patrick's Day
Today I am spending it with my family as I do most weekends.  The difference this weekend we will be doing green crafts.  On the roster for today is Green cookies, homemade shamrock shakes, nail painting and some other crafts pulled from my obsession Pinterest.

To make your own shamrock shake

In your blender add 3 scoops vanilla ice cream, cover with milk, add 1 tsp mint extract and finally add desired amount of green food coloring.  Blend well and enjoy.  You can adjust the amounts to your personal taste.  More milk for thinner shakes, add more ice cream if you mix it too thin.  You can also substitute some of the ice cream for yogurt for a healthier version.

As a kid I love McDonald's Shamrock shake.  As an adult.. I must have gotten some horrible batches.  The mint is so overpowering it gags me.  The shake is more of a nasty milky runny drink.  Yet another thing the wisdom that comes with age has ruined.  I know what  real milk shake is supposed to taste like and the Franken shakes at McD's is so far off it's scary. 

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org