Friday, July 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Noodle Cookies (No Bake)


This caramel like cookie was very quick and easy to make. It was a huge hit with my kids as well. Before even finishing her first cookie my 4 yr old worriedly asked me if I had made more. When I told her we do have more and we can even make another batch this weekend. She jumped into the air like a little happy leprechaun. Then she sweetly adds, " I love you mom.. you are the best mom ever. " I'd have to say this cookie was a success.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Noodle Cookies


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 1/2 cups chow mein noodles

Directions
  1. Bring sugar and syrup to a full boil in a heavy pan. Stirring occasionally. Remove from heat at once.
  2. Stir in the peanut butter and mix well. Turn the chow mein noodles into the peanut butter mixture. Mix thoroughly to coat the noodles.
  3. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper or a greased cookie sheet.
  4. Let the cookies set for at least 15 minutes.

Variations

You can add more noodles 1/2 cup at a time for a more crunchy cookie. Stirring well to coat all noodles between additions. Substitute the creamy peanut butter for a crunchy type for even more crunch.

What are other additions would you add to this cookie?

2 comments:

sheri said...

I've been making these cookies for years and they are always a hit! A few years ago we were in a hurry to come up with a large quantity of goodies for a bake sale. I doubled the recipe, spread it evenly onto a jelly roll pan and cut them in squares after they were cooled. They were a sell out!!

NuttyMama said...

This was the first recipe like this that I saw that didn't ask for chocolate morsels to be the binding agent. (plus an excuse to use my unopened corn syrup that taunted me from the cupboards since Christmas.)
I loved the peanut butter caramel like texture. Even my husband loved them and he's usually the sweets snob. This recipe is going in my book of favorite recipes. I think next time I may use crunchy peanut butter for my husband or mixed nuts instead of the chow mein. This fall when all the apples are crisp and ripe, I may also try caramel apples with the peanut butter mixture.
I'll have to try them as a bar. Maybe add a few things. I just can't help tinkering with recipes.

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org