Monday, August 6, 2012

5 kids and a messy parrot defeated! The Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop review

With 5 kids and a very messy parrot I always have a mess to clean in my house. One of those kids is a son who is potty training so you can only imagine the type of messes I have to clean.  ::shudder::  Don't try!  5 kids in all his potty training messes are the least of my problems.  From food fights, to oops I dropped the jelly jar in the middle of the kitchen, to just plain dirty little heathen foot prints across every inch their legs can reach.  You can't forget a bird that shakes her head splattering fruit bits on everything or with her refusal to be potty trained as well, leaving worse things on my floor...  .My floor was in a constant state of horrifying mess.  The one thing I have been grateful for is that the majority of my floors are tiled.  I still look back at the time we lived at our apartment that was carpet in EVERY room... even the bathroom  ::shudder:: my kid's don't mix well with carpeting.  Like shag carpeting and tree sap.

Then the condo we lived at that had wood floors in the main rooms.  This is where I was first introduced to steam mops. Sadly it was as much work to steam with as regular mopping.  In less than 3 months I killed one very popular brand one mop I will leave un-named.  I'd rather not slander.. even if their product was disappointing along with their customer "dis"service.

When I was recently given the opportunity to test and review the Hoover Twin Tank Steam Mop, I was excited.  The day it arrived I wanted to take a picture of it still in the box but my quick charge camera would have taken a whole 15 minutes to charge and my hands were itching to get to steaming.

It has two easy fill tanks that keep the specially formulated Hoover SteamPlus Cleaning Solution separate from the water, so you control the amount of solution used with a quick turn of the dial.  No more waiting for the machine to build up steam either.  It was ready to clean in less than 10 seconds at the push of button. There is even a steam ready LED light to alert you when it's time to clean. This Steam mop is perfect for busy moms like me!  I have better things to do than wait around for my cleaning machine to be ready.  The TwinTank Steam Mop comes equipped with a on-demand steam trigger, so you can boost your steam power where you need it.  With a 30 foot power cord so I can clean farther without constantly swapping outlets it saves my sanity.  The intelligently designed triangle mop head gets under my kitchen cabinets easily, against the baseboards and even around the toilet. There is nothing I do not love about this machine!!

The machine came with an 8oz bottle of Hoover 2X SteamPlus Cleaning Solution, 3 Microfiber Triangle Pads( so you always have one ready to clean with), Cooling Tray (to protect your floors during storage and cooling), and a Carpet Glider(to refresh carpets).  

My personal experience with the Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop was amazing. When we moved into our house there were many old gum spots.  I tried scraping but they were so old they didn't budge.  With just a few seconds of steam shot from this amazing machine with the trigger activated steam, all the ancient gum was very tacky and easily cleaned.  I was delighted to be able to steam clean the entire downstairs in less than 30 minutes.  The only drawback was no need to kick my kids out of the house because it left the floor dry within minutes. Ok, that's not a real drawback, but it's the only one I could come up with.

To sum up.. If I hadn't gotten this as a review opportunity I would be begging my husband to buy it for me.

I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org