Thursday, August 30, 2012

School is here.. now where is my sanity?

Been missing from here for far too long.

School is back and for an increased challenge this year I am virtual schooling my oldest 3 while trying to prevent the two boys from destroying the house around us.

I came to this decision after too many years of schools that tolerate bullying and punish victims. I finally had enough this last yearand pulled my kids out of a seriously overcrowded school system.  This year the public school increased class size from the already bursting 35+ kids a class by another 3-5 students.  (that is with NO student teachers or assistant teacher.. just one adult with 40 kids)

There have been a few hiccups.  Like my oldest being enrolled in Elementary French rather than Middle school French.   The experiences we have gotten from this are priceless already.  Like Maxx joining Nadia for her music lesson as they chugged around the room like a train to learn the Tempo of music.

I look forward to many more enriching experiences this coming.  I am also realistic enough to know that there will be days I want to lock myself in the bathroom with a a huge unhealthy bag of chocolate, a long novel and a nearly overflowing bath.

What do you do to reward yourself for surviving a trying day?

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org