Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lists, Lists, and more lists. Check!

Hi, My name is Kim and I'm an obsessive list writer.  I write endless lists about everything under the sun.  From grocery lists to chore lists I have them all.  I am so obsessive with my list writing that I have chores broken down into different rooms or other categories.  At one time I had a checklist in my word documents of all the chores.  Each chore was obsessively scheduled for certain days too.  I had just gotten my list fully organized and divided into days I wanted to face the drudgery of the chores.  Then the horrible crash of my PC and my wonderful list was lost. I had to start all over and in the middle of the holiday season no less.

I've always had trouble falling asleep. It's just gotten worse with each child I've had.  My husband claims a mouse fart would startle me out of a dead sleep.  The loss of my master list has not helped my insomnia.  My mind runs faster when my body comes to rest. It leaps ahead to the next day tallying up to-do lists that are full of chores that always need my attention.  To quiet the fluttering of my obsessive thoughts I write them down in a spiral notebook.  The official lists(spell-checked and printed) are mostly filled with chores that need to be done.  My spiral book is also covered page after page in chicken scratches of little ideas for my blog with insights that rush at me as I lay there in the dark trying to force myself to fall asleep.

We are planning on moving in the next few months and my list making addiction is going to kick into overdrive.  It's a good thing my wonderful husband bought me a great clipboard with paper and pencil storage inside it years ago.  I've used it to contain important papers throughout many events in life. From cross country moving to keeping all the hospital papers safe and contained with not one but two of my children's births.

With the move in the next few months I have already started on my checklists.  At this point this list is growing faster than it is shrinking.  I love that feeling of checking things accomplished off my lists.  It gives me a little obsessive compulsive thrill. When the checklist is fully done I look at it and marvel at how I got it all done.  Then I realize; oh yeah, I know how.. I don't sleep enough to keep a normal human being functional.  I'm not even the worst insomniac I know.  

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org