Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Identity thieves beware


I am tired of people that claim identity theft is a victimless crime.  It's not.. I recently found out I have become one of millions of victims.  In a society where bad credit can have you overlooked for a job or denied your dream home it is very much a crime with too many victims.  The thieves may not have entered my home and stolen my treasured personal possessions but they stole something much worse.  My identity.  I only get one in my life.  I am left feeling very much a victim.  Used by some faceless person for the sole purpose of destroying my good credit so they can buy something they couldn't afford in the first place. 

By using my credit to further their lives they leave me unable to do things to further mine.  Denied a loan to get a car.  Denied a home loan. Denied a credit card for emergencies.  Denied.. Denied.. Denied.  All due to this "victimless" crime.  It makes me angry to be a victim of this crime because I am not careless with my information.  I shred documents.  Those shredded documents don't even make their way into the trash. (I use them to pack our breakables when we move)  I do not give out my information on a whim.



I was recently contacted by a computer building company in Nebraska asking me if I had recently ordered a laptop with my credit card. 

Two huge problems with this. 
1. I just purchased a new laptop in store not even 6 months ago with cash.
2. I do not have any credit cards. (I was actually denied after applying for one just last year)




I have just started on this demoralizing journey to discover the depth of this thieves damage and repair it.  With each step I have to take I imagine worse and worse punishments befitting their crimes.  Every minute of my day wasted dealing with this angers me even more.. the imagined punishments grow exponentially with my anger. 

The thieves buried up their necks near monstrous ant hills.  6 million paper cuts to be administered by demonic IRS agents.  For every year I have had to go without or was made to pay higher rates for services due to their dishonesty.. a shot with an air rifle at close range to the genitals and any other dangling limb.  Or maybe bird shot.  Even Dick Chaney got away with that "accident". 

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org