Sunday, November 25, 2012

30 Days of Thankful (Day 25)

My 30 Days of Thankful

Day 25

I am thankful for those days when I wake up 2 hours before everyone else.  I used to look at those days as my "I must be crazy" day.  Who in their right mind gets up earlier than they absolutely have to?  I now know.. Mom's that want to enjoy some silence do.

Some days I use that time for yoga or meditation.  Most days I use it to read emails and check with my business.

I love that time of day when I can get myself fully dressed without interruption.  No one asking where their pants are or can i find them a certain pair of socks.

Sitting in front of our mismatched sock basket I feel like I am staring into the River Lethe.  Why am I here?  Was it socks for myself.. the baby...Is that my t-shirt.. I like this shirt.  Why was I at the sock basket again?  It could be an issue with my selective attention span.  I'll sit an read a book for hours if left alone.  (I read The Hunger Games Trilogy over Mother's Day) Leaving me to stare into that sock basket.. and I can barely focus long enough to find 2 pairs.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org