Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thankful (Day2)

My 30 Days of Thankful

Day 2
I am thankful for the opportunity to virtual school my children from home. K-12 online public school has been a blessing for my family.  From rampant bullying, to over crowded classrooms our standard public school was no longer a healthy option for my family
.  
Since starting on our home school journey I have watched Nadia's vocabulary and reading ability excel.  Lauryn has discovered a greater love for Science and a new found love of reading.  Morgan is flying through French lessons and challenging herself in reading that used to be too easy.  

I've been told the work that my children does in virtual school is actually far ahead of what they are currently learning in the local public schools and that reaffirms my choice of virtual school.  It comes with it's own difficulties, but the rewards are so great.  I love watching my children learn and not just from their own lesson but each other's as well.  

Maxx even gets in on lessons.  When learning about rhythm during Nadia's music lesson Maxx begin clapping out the rhythm and chant along with us.  One month later he still chants and claps. (correctly too) 

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org