Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thankful (Day7)

My 30 Days of Thankful

Day 7
I am thankful for my husband, my best friend, and soul mate.  Who would have guessed that I would meet the other half to my heart in my driveway and when I was only 16.
We have been married for 14 years as of today.  He proposed to me so many times I lost count of the ways and number of times.  It is almost like he was afraid I had changed my mind.

One of the times he proposed to me was at my Junior Prom.  It was held at the MGM Grand Theme Park. (Weird.. I know but not as weird as my Senior Prom at Hammagren's Mansion) We were standing around talking to my friends and he had the whole group laughing. (as he always does)  When we both noticed they had fake wedding ceremonies going on. (officiated by the teachers that were chaperoning the dance)  I  rolled my eyes as I laughed at one of the girls physically dragging her date to the line.  A minute or so later he gets down on his knee and start professing his love to me.  My friends start gushing with "aww how sweet" and "OMG".  Flustered that everyone was now looking at us I told him, "Yes, Yes.. OK! Just get up! Lets go get in line for the fake weddings."  He stood up and gave me a kiss.  As he led me to the line he says to me, "This will have to do... for now."

We were best friends long before we were ever love interests and our friendship bloomed into much more.  I am happy to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.  I'll fight for him even when I'm angry with him. He's my addiction. I can't get enough of being with him. I miss him even when he is gone to work. We've been together for over 16 years and I've fallen deeper in love every day.

Thank you for 14 wonderful years, I look forward to the next 14 and many more.

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org