Saturday, November 10, 2012

30 Days of Thankful (Day10)

My 30 Days of Thankful

Day 10

I'm thankful for my Two oldest daughters.  They are extremely helpful with their younger siblings.  To the point they fight about who gets to do what with their little brothers.  Morgan likes to wake early and cuddle with Magnus after he eats breakfast on the weekends. (letting me capture the parental unicorn and SLEEP IN!)  Lauryn is our night owl and likes to read books to Maxx as he falls asleep.  They even help Nadia get to her learning games websites.

They have both started making dinners without constant supervision as well. It has been a long process for me to learn to trust them in the kitchen.  (I still don't trust them with my chef's knives)  It took me over a year of hovering in the kitchen while directing them every step to get to here.  This Thanksgiving they want to help with more food preparations. I don't think they know what they are in for cooking in the kitchen while I am cooking.  My husband calls me the kitchen Nazi.. and that I make Gordan Ramsey looks like a pansy.

It was a rough few years when Lauryn and Morgan were little with them being so close in age. (15 months apart)  I wouldn't go back and change it at all.  They used to always say that they were best friends.  Then when they started school and made other friends they begun saying, "We are better than best friends... We are sisters!!"

Thank you girls for being helpful, especially during those times when you would rather be a normal lazy self absorbed preteen. Even though you may drive me crazy at times (bickering and fighting) you do make my life much easier.    

No comments:

Vote For Me

topmommyblogs.org